Elexio Legacy Database - Mac Update Instructions
The instructions below should be completed on each Mac that will need access to the Legacy Elexio Database.
Important: Any Mac not updated Wednesday, April 22 (end of day), will no longer be able to connect using prior setup.
Microsoft Remote Desktop is used to connect to Elexio Legacy Database. (This free program allows for a virtual desktop connection). Follow the step-by-step instructions to update your connection settings.
Note: If you follow the below but still encounter issues, please schedule a call with our team. We're here to help!
To complete your update, you will need your Mac setup credentials which can be found in the Account Center.
- Navigate to and login at http://account.elexio.com using your standard Elexio user name and password (If you password does not work, your system administrator will need to grant you access to the Account Center or send you the Mac setup username and password).
- In the Account Center, the Dashboard tab loads by default. Click on Your Products → Elexio Database → and select the My Elexio Database Details button.
- In the resulting window make note of your Mac Solution user name and password which will be used in the User Accounts setup below.
Legacy Elexio Database Mac Setup Instructions
IMPORTANT: based on new changes around the way the remote desktop connection is established, make sure to review all steps to ensure your setup will work correctly.
Remote Desktop Installation
- Open up the App Store on your Mac (If you are a brand new Mac user, you can find how to do this here: https://www.apple.com/support/macbasics/).
- Search for "Microsoft Remote Desktop" (The newest version is '10' and it supports copy/paste functions from your Mac ).
Mac App Store Link
- Follow the instructions to install the Microsoft Remote desktop app on your computer.
Remote Desktop Preferences Setup
- Open the Microsoft Remote desktop app
- Select the menu item Microsoft Remote Desktop → Preferences.
- Under the User Accounts tab ...
- Select the + icon to add a new user account.
- Use the information from the Account Center to fill in the login credentials. Give the user account a friendly name that is easy to recognize like "Elexio Database."
- Click the Add button to save the new User Account.
- Now move to the Gateways tab ...
- Select the + icon to add a new gateway.
- Fill in the Gateway Name with exactly (or copy/paste):
- Give the gateway a friendly name that is easy to recognize like "Elexio Database." In the drop down below the gateway friendly name, choose the User Account setup in the previous steps. (Our example is called "Elexio Database.")
- Click the Add button to save the new Gateway details.
- The Preferences have now been completely setup, so use the Red X in the upper right corner to close this window. You are now ready to setup the server link.
Remote Desktop Add PC Setup
- Click the + icon → Add PC or the button to Add PC. Both do the same thing.
- The Add PC configuration window will appear. Fill in the details to add the remote server connection information. For the PC name field, enter the name exactly (or copy/paste):
Use the drop downs to fill in the other information based on the Preferences setup walk through in the above instructions for the 'User Account' and 'Gateway'. Fill in the 'Friendly Name' field with a descriptor that is easy to recognize. We used "Elexio Database."
NOTE: If you want to download reports for printing or opening on the Mac, make sure to setup the Folders tab. First click the check box for 'Redirect folders' and then use the + to choose a folder on your Mac to save the data to. (This folder will then show as a 'network drive' with the name of your computer in the left column of the windows explorer when saving the data. Choose that drive and the document will save to the folder referenced here.)
Use the Devices & Audio tab if you want to enable basic printing from remote desktop. Advanced printing features are only available if the document is downloaded to the Mac computer.